Why would you not turn your garden into the very best (and most stylish) space it could be?
Amanda Stevens is the force behind the popular Instagram account @mijnhuisje_ (38.000+ followers). She loves all things pastel and for this article puts our garden accessories to the style test.
With spring and summer rolling around, it’s high time to get your garden back in order. Once it’s cleaned and cleared, you’re all ready to start your styling engines. Styling a garden? Of course! Why wouldn’t you want to make the most of your outdoor space? The garden is one of those spaces we tend to forget to style as we do our indoor spaces. Crazy, because when the sun is out, it’s the place we spend most of our time. Obviously, you want it to be welcoming and cosy, so you have the perfect spot for relaxing and having a cocktail.
Where to start your outdoor styling? I’ve got some tips for you:
- Think about your favourite colours and choose accessories in similar shades for an instant ‘this is so me’ feeling.
- Get out of your comfort zone too: add some items in a trending colour to boost the sunshiny vibes.
- Combine larger and smaller items.
- Don’t count out artificial plants to liven up spaces that are too dark or too hot for normal plants to grow.
- Even practical things can be an accessory if they’re beautiful enough, so pick out a great looking watering can and combine the useful and the pretty.
- There’s no such thing as too many pillows and cushions in an outdoor area.
- Take a playful approach to shapes and materials. Pottery is always a good look for the garden, but why not use things like jute and rattan?
Excited to make the most out of your own garden? Mica Decorations has an amazing range of products to liven up every garden, no matter what you’re into.
I hereby declare the outdoor season opened and can’t wait to see how you’ll style your garden this year. Ready to leave your comfort zone behind? Trending colours like pink, orange and purple are a great place to start. I’ve gone all in on the first two for my perfect relaxing summer nook. Now all I need is a refreshing beverage (and maybe a few sunny days!) and I’m good to go.
PS: Did you know Mica Decorations is also there for you on those days the weather just isn’t cooperating? On rainy days I love to hole up inside with my favourite room scents from the Mica Decorations Collection. Woodland Fig is elegant, woody, warm and sweet. What a combination! The scent comes in candles, sprays, and scented sticks. Perfect for a day in.